The University of Louisville is committed to integrating sustainability into everything we do - from how we manage our facilities, finances and people to what we teach in the classroom and what we research in the lab. Our vision is to create a university that is itself a living laboratory for sustainability and a campus community that leads by example and educates as much by what we do as by what we say. Our goal is to make decisions which reflect a balanced consideration for environmental, social and economic responsibility and to continually learn as we go.
Your donations can help us realize this vision by supporting initiatives such as:
- On-campus Sustainability Internships for UofL students to gain experience as change agents;
- Our Sustainability Living-Learning Community which provides an opportunity for students to deepen their understanding of the principles and practice of sustainability, while developing skills, leadership, and a community of support.
- Efforts to make UofL even more Bike-Friendly, such as our free BikeShare program;
- UofL’s Community Composting Project and the UofL Free Store which leverage volunteer power to turn “trash” into treasure;
- On-campus Renewable Energy projects, like our Solar Umbrella Charging Station, which demonstrate green power in action; and
- Organic, campus Food Gardens where students, faculty, and staff build community and vital life skills while experiencing the unique pleasures of turning tiny seeds into delicious, hyper-local produce.
We invite you to learn more about our on-going UofL sustainability initiatives and to explore the many ways you can get involved and help us create a better world right here, right now.