The primary mission of the School of Dentistry Alumni Council is to support the School of Dentistry in all its activities and program goals. A major focus of the council is to promote awareness of and goodwill toward the School and its students, faculty, and programs. The fulfillment of this mission will enhance the value of the degree earned by the alumni and guarantee continued value for future alumni. The purpose and specific objectives of the council are:
- To invoke the alumni in promoting and fostering the interest of the School by offering programs to meet the needs of the alumni.
- To further the interests of the School and its Alumni through social events, reunions, recognition of outstanding support for Dental School and achievements of Alumni and others.
- To enhance understanding of and appreciation for the School among community businesses and leaders.
- To assist the School in the recruitment and retention of outstanding students.
- To assist in soliciting financial support from public and private sources for the School.